Acne...

I got some acne with my first pregnancy but wow this time its outta control ! Whats goin on, is this normal??? Anyone else get bad acne???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:31 PM on Sep. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i have been breaking out like crazy and not just on my face but my arms and chest too...it's totally out of control...i've tried every body and face wash you can image and it doesn't get any better...once i get rid of one blemish i wake up in the morning and there are three more...it's driving me nuts....i haven't had acne like this since i hit pubirtiy....it last like 2 weeks and then it was gone...never had acne like this before.
    longing2beamoth

Answer by longing2beamoth at 10:36 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• It is completely normal unfortunately. It's because of the hormone change and your face will sometime produce more oil or less and that can cause the acne. I had some before I got pregnant and it got worse for a little while there at the beginning but it has gone back to about normal now. One thing I know that seems to be helping (when I actually do it) is to wash your face at least once a day (or more if you like) with a gentle face scrub, like apricot scrub from st. ives. That stuff is a little pricier but you can also use the off brand to, works just the same. But it seems to help a lot for me just because it keeps my face clean and I get way less spots with it.
    Jessie1689

Answer by Jessie1689 at 1:38 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• god i am so plzd am not alone on this lol, ive had acne since b4 i new i was prego maybe i was but didnt no at the time and i am now 15 weeks 4days now and its all over my face neck and chest , i cant seem to get rid lol but i supose if its for the baby then let it be after the birth i think all mothers should have a full bodie massage and full relaxing day just for all the changes we have to put are poor bodies through and let the moaning men lol have the dirty nappies to change , if only , it would be lovley wouldnt it girls lol xxx i will just have to keep dreaming xxx
    happymam2b

Answer by happymam2b at 8:55 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Feels like puberty in random places. My belly has acne, my back is a mess. I randomly get a few on my thigh and some on my arm.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 9:17 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Here is how my teen handles her acne: wash your face twice a day with a very mild soap (like unscented baby soap) and a soft wash cloth; follow with a light, oil free moisturizer (she uses Lush). Once a day, before you wash your face, put on a honey mask (just honey, a great anti-bacterial). Every three days add a pinch of baking soda to the honey to exfoliate. Check back with me in two weeks and tell me how this worked.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:16 AM on Sep. 8, 2009