Does anyone know of any legitimate work at home jobs?

OK I have searched high and low on the internet for legitimate work at home jobs and found a few good ones but tons of scams. Do you know of any that are legitimate? Meaning, no fees whatsoever and nothing illegal (LOL). I, like many others, am a stay at home mom/college student & I would just love to make a little extra money & preferably something that is consistent. Any suggestions would be great! Thanks in advance =)

huberhe2863

Asked by huberhe2863 at 10:37 PM on Sep. 7, 2009 in Money & Work

• I have created a series of work at home articles on eHow.  They contain excellent resources, ideas and information.  Also, I have a Blog about computer jobs sorted into those that pay via Paypal and those that pay utilizing other means.  You can check them all out at my website:

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:43 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• http://www.scentsy.com/My2Scents

It's a great company, I absolutely love working with them. It's super fun, and makes good money. If you'd like more info, or if I can help with any questions, just let me know. Hope this helps!
    NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 2:21 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I found at home JOBS a JOKE or SCAM however at home businesses yes have at least a start up fee but you are getting a KIT with LOTS of products and supplies so you are getting something back. LOOK AROUND at the at home businesses because some have monthly fees or website fees and so you want to get that info before saying YES> I am with Tupperware and we offer a business kit for just $79.99 plus tax and if you CHOOSE to have a website there is a 7.95 per month fee but that's OPTIONAL. We do offer a larger kit our Executive kit for 119.99 plus tax. Check out my site and let me know what you think. my2.tupperware.com/amyroca
    rocamom

Answer by rocamom at 8:39 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• The first thing you need to understand is that a fee does not automaticly equil a scam. However fees should only be in place for home based businesses, not jobs. No matter what you are looking for you can find it at www.SabrinasCloset.info there is a huge list of home businesses and WAH Jobs there. Please understand that I am not relaunching the site until Friday, so it's still a little rough and there is lots more to come before then, but feel free to check it out now anyways.

Good Luck!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:11 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I make extra money working online. I've cleared over 14k in the last year, it's not a way to get rich, but you can avoid retail/fast food jobs by doing it. You can see what I'm doing at Free Paypal Money if you're interested. (Everything posted is free)

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 10:47 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• You can search for jobs that match your skillset and have a telecommute or remote option. Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely? If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com . Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization; I also do career & job search coaching. I am always happy to help cafemoms (and dads) with resumes, cover letters, job search strategy & interview prep. Feel free to contact me directly.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:05 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I agree. A fee doesn't always mean its a scam. The best way I've found to make extra income is by selling Avon. I manage a team of great sales people and they make good money at it too!
    Its only $20 to start. This includes your start up kit, your website for six campaigns, and everything you need to get started. Its almost impossible not to make that money back! Most people do in one sale! You can start by going to www.start.youravon.com and using reference code dhullum Email me if you have any questions :)
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 7:50 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I guess I should further explain. I realize there are plenty of opportunities that you can "invest" in and put up a fee up front but what I am asking is if there are any that DO NOT require a fee? But no scams! I appreciate all the feedback I have received so far.
    huberhe2863

Answer by huberhe2863 at 7:54 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• HI,
    I'm happily engaged and we are about to buy our first home. We live in a small town where it is really hard to find a decent job, so I've been searching for a way to work at home. I recently found a home-based opportunity with no large investments and no risk! I work in the comfort of my own home with an international, 24 year old, Inc 500 company. All I do is set up customer accounts and do some online marketing. I work around my own schedule, with a group of amazing team members. I never even have to leave my own home to be successful!

If this is something you'd be interested in, please visit my website.

www.workathomeunited.com/lynsey

I think that once you hear more information about the company, you'll love it just as much as I do!

I hope to hear from you soon :)
    lynsey7

Answer by lynsey7 at 1:57 PM on Sep. 9, 2009