my dd wont eat solids lately, i gave her one serving a day then upped it to 2 servings a day and then she stopped eating it all together.. so my ? is...

i havent given her solids in a few days, just the boob. im going to try in a couple more days to give her solids again. is that okay to do? just boob still? she just wont have it at all.

her pedi said she should be eating 3 servings a day and 3-4 times a day on the boob right now. her weight is perfect as well as her height and developing...

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 10:39 PM on Sep. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have always and continue to breastfeed on demand. Solids are not really necessary during the first year and are more for learning how to eat and tasting then anything else. If your baby is ok I wouldn't sweat it.
    miriamz

Answer by miriamz at 10:49 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• The solids are merely for learning. She doesn't miss a thing if she never gets a bite of them in year one; breastmilk is her primary food.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:49 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• If she's under a year, just breast is fine. If she's over a year, sometimes they do go a day or two not eating solids, or not a lot of solids, but if you are still nursing on demand, it's ok.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:54 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• okay thank you!!! :) just made me kind of nervous... thanks ladies!
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 11:02 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Before Baby’s first birthday, solids are really for the experience of eating them, not nutrition. The best book on feeding babies, toddlers and their families is called Super Baby Food by Ruth Yaron. You should be able to find it at your local library. There is some great information on the website: www.superbabyfood.com

Answer by rkoloms at 11:04 AM on Sep. 8, 2009