AM I just making excuses?

I want to divorce my husband, the problem is that I can't afford to live on my income only. We moved in with his parents a year ago because he didn't have a job and we couldn't afford to live on my income. Now if I move out, they won't be able to remain living here. I love my in laws, but I'm not happy with my husband. I've been thinking of leaving him for a long time. But I am scared to do it. My friends tell me I am making excuses for staying and it has caused such a rift between us that we don't talk anymore. They say that I an get assistance for housing and stuff, but I really don't want to have to do that. I think my concerns are real, but I'm not sure if I really am just making excuses?

LucassMomma

Asked by LucassMomma at 10:41 PM on Sep. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• That's a very valid concern. I assume that since you're on here that you have children and you have to think about their best interest as well. I would do whatever you could financially to set yourself up to leave.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:51 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• You can get assistance. It is admirable that you don't want to; and would like to do it on your own. You only get one ride on this merry go round they call earth; you deserve to be happy.

lol - those are my pearls of wisdome for the evening.
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 10:53 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• *wisdom* -- uh yeah; lol
    beachmamaof2

• It is your life, your decision. You have to live your own life, not them. Do what you think is right

Answer by admckenzie at 11:02 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Do what is best for the children and yourself. I wish you the best.. Remember- staying in a broken relationship DOES hurt the kids. Even though you may not show it around them, they know.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:28 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Have you tried couples counseling?

Answer by rkoloms at 10:52 AM on Sep. 8, 2009