Anyone have a routine workout plan or meal plan that works for them?

I am trying to make eating healthier and working out apart of my everyday routine.. but i find it hard to stick to it if i do not schedule it.. How do you mamas do it??

mamabayboo

Asked by mamabayboo at 11:40 PM on Sep. 7, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Here's my daily routine... I wake up about 7:00, put on my work out clothes, change my daughter's diaper and do about 20 minutes worth of yoga. Then I take a shower, do my hair and makeup, get dressed and get breakfast ready. Breakfast usually consists of eggs and wholewheat toast or english muffins or a nutritious cereal. Lunch is usually leftovers from the night before (burritos made on whole wheat tortillas with lean beef and lots of beans, whole wheat spaghetti and sausage, homemade chicken and vegetable soup, etc). Snacks are usually yogurt or fresh fruit.

I've been doing this about 2 1/2 weeks (the yoga, I've been eating those foods for like 2 years) and I find it really helps jumpstart my day and I feel much more energized. I really enjoy yoga, though. I put my own sequence together, I don't do a video, and that helps. I work on the areas I want to.

Hope this helped!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:54 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I would start with simple changes.
    Walk, or do other exercise, for at least 20 minutes a day, at least 3 times a week.
    Make sure that you are drinking enough water, at least 8 8oz glasses a day.
    Eat an apple or big pile of veggies before meals.
    Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables a day, in at least 3 different colors.
    Eat 6-7 servings of whole grains a day.
    Replace meat and dairy with legumes like bean, lentils and tofu (all loaded with calcium and iron). Be sure to eat a vitamin C source with an iron source (like kale or beans) to increase the absorption of the iron.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:21 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I'm not smart enough to make a plan. I need someone to motivate me which is why I joined www.dailyfitplanet.com Daily Fit Planet has Yoga, Pilates, Cardio fitness classes I can stream to my home and it works for me. I'm down 13 pounds now the past 4 weeks!
    maurinew

Answer by maurinew at 7:35 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Try reading French Women Don't Get Fat by Mireille Guiliano. That has really helped me!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:40 PM on Sep. 10, 2009