Help! Kidney infection!

I have major pain in my lower back and lower abdomen, and I suspect it's a kidney infection. I've had this for a week or two, but thought I was getting my PP period, and I've had nothing. How dangerous is it to leave it for 2 weeks? Would I be safe to just go to the doctors tomorrow? Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:43 PM on Sep. 7, 2009 in Health

• I would say go to the ER if you are having something you think is kidney related because if your kidneys stop functioning you are in for a hard time. My grandma had been having pain but no fevers or anything for a week or so, and she let it go and went on vacation thinking she would just go see the dr when she got back. She waited too long and ended up with her kidney removed. If you are running a fever, definitely go to the ER.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 11:46 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Trip to the doc beats being on dialysis for weeks or months!!!!!! When In doubt ALWAYS call and ask your doc's office... they will tell you if you need to be seen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• i have had a kidney infection lasting for weeks befor going to the drs...its just uncomfortable thats all pain and all, the dr will make u pee in a cup test it and send it out for culters the only time kidney issues demand er visits is if ur peeing blood, retaing fluid, or not peeing at all to help releive the pain use a heating pain onur lower back and take a pain killer, i useally when not preg take a muscle relaxer
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 10:33 AM on Sep. 8, 2009