Boots the monkey costume???

This morning my son burst into my room and said hey mommy your gonna be dora for halloween and im gonna be boots...lol.. My husband usually gets up pretty early and will watch cartoons with joel till I get up or get woken up... so anyways.. apparently they were watching Dora and he told him it would be awesome if all dressed up like Dora, Boots and my husband being swiper...lol

I was checking out costumes online a little bit ago and I cannot find anything... I have my Dora costume figured out and I figured out how I can make a Swiper costume for Hubby...I found some ideas for boots costumes.. the premade ones were either way TOOOOO expensive or were too small for my 3 year old son. I guess I am going to go ahead and make it for him. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I should make this costume???

joelsmommy

Asked by joelsmommy at 11:52 PM on Sep. 7, 2009 in Holidays

• Go to a fabric store close to you... check out their patterns.. see if they carry a Boots pattern and go from there.... sometimes you may get lucky and find something really cheap...

Good Luck and I bet the whole family will look so cute..... :)
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 7:11 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• rkoloms

Answer by rkoloms at 10:15 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• When my son was 3 he went as Boots. I found a light blue one piece hooded sweats outfit. It had a care bear on the front. I got some yellow felt and cut it into an oval and used double sided tape it to the front for the belly (and to cover up the care bear). Then i just got some fabric and made some ears and a tail. I used a pair of red rain boots.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:03 PM on Sep. 8, 2009