Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I want to get a restraining order on my parents...........

They've already unnecesarrily called CPS on me, and threaten to take my daughter. Everything is fine with her, her dad and I are happily married and we take excellent care of her, but they're still freaking out on me all the time.

I'm just FED up. It's been going on for 4 years already and I'm sick of it. Can I get a restraining order for what they're doing? I can't go through this anymore.


Asked by Anonymous at 11:59 PM on Sep. 7, 2009 in Relationships

This question is closed.
Answers (8)
  • Yes you can. I think it would take a lot of work though.

    Answer by mummy22kids at 12:03 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

  • I would talk to an attorney. I'm sure they can at least give you advice or stear you in the right direction. There definately has to be something that you can do. What has CPS said?

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

  • all i can say is good luck to you. my parents take me to court every time i do something they don't like and try to get guardianship of my kids. in there eyes no one will ever be as good of parents as them. i have even moved to a different state and it did not help any. went to court got a order on them to stay away from us. did not work. so parents just cant let go of there kids and allow them to grow up. it is sad.


    Answer by Anonymous at 12:08 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

  • OP here. CPS said they didn't even know why they were called over, and everything was fine. They dropped the case.

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:10 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

  • I know how you feel. My SO and I are together, but not married yet. She is 2. My SO took leave(he's in the Army and so am I) to come visit her and my mom would not allow him to watch her during the day when I went to work. Some parents just don't know when to stop. I mysteriously also had CPS called on me. CPS cleared me and I'm moving to a new duty station in another country.

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:10 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

  • I would keep a journal and document EVERYTHING! Go speak with a lawyer. Even if its just a consultation. They will give you advice on what you can do.

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:12 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

  • I would just cut off all communication with them. It sucks when your parents can't act like parents.

    Answer by Seven07 at 1:18 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

  • Document, document, document. Get the info from CPS that the case was dropped. (cover your tail). Keep a journal of all harrassment you receive - phone messages, emails, letters, in person, etc. Note dates, times, what is said. If it's in person, try to get a witness.

    Some lawyers will offer free consultations. Find one local and state your case. See what info you need above and beyond what you really have and what your options are. A PRO (permanent restraining order) may be difficult to get because they are family, but... you may be able to enforce certain things to protect yourself. If nothing else, the lawyer may know options none of us have considered and will certainly be more familiar with your state and local laws and courts.

    Answer by geminilove at 2:45 PM on Sep. 8, 2009