How do I get and Kill.... Please answers needed quickly

this HUGE spider under my oversized living room chair??? It is just me and my 5 month old. I fI had another person I would just have them tip the chair up and i would either spray with hairspray or suck it up in the vacuum. I dont want to go to sleep with the dang thing still there cause we sleep downstairs on the couches and my daughter sleeps in the chair on her boppy pillow...i know i know not a great place for her but thats not the issue here. Im thinking of calling the non emergency police line and asking for their help cause I am almost to the point of being frozen cause of this dang thing and I wont be able to sleep unless its taken care of and I will just sit and worry and watch the chair.

THoughts??????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:04 AM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Take a shoe, sqish it hardcore on the chair and then scrub the guts out. The police will not come to your house to kill a spider for you, I'm sorry to say :p. Just squish it with the nearest hard object and clean up afterward.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:07 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• try just sticking the vaccum hose under there and you might be able to suck it up. Or have your DD sleep on the couch with you for the night.
    mummy22kids

Answer by mummy22kids at 12:07 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Or try to scare it out and squish it. Or tip the chair up yourself and wait for it to run out from under it and then get it.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:09 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Lol, I just thought of this... this would be a very different conversation if we were all starving to death :p
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:10 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• omg idk..but good luck!! i am terrified of spiders..i dont care if they are real or fake...and just reading your question made me scared!!! i hope u get rid of the spider!!!! SOON!!!
    MoMMy2aDiVA08

Answer by MoMMy2aDiVA08 at 12:10 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• no seriously this spider is bigger than shoe squishing I dealt with the same kind a few nights ago and i squished and thought it was dead then i went to pick it up with tissue and it got up and ran. i tried the vaccum hose under the thing and it doesnt fit, i even tried the skinny adapter thingy too. i sprayed peppermint extract as well cause i heard they dont like that but it doesnt take care of it. im usually the one that kills the spiders cause my husbands scared of them so i dont have issus there. im just scared of this huge thing jumping or running fast towards my daughter or me
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• The vaccuum or shoe idea are logical....what ever method is viable. Do what feels right. NOW GO GET HIM!
    Amberoz

Answer by Amberoz at 12:17 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• OK OK how bout a towel or lots of toilet paper. Spray it with something lethal. Then make sure you are focused. And squish that sucker with all your might. ....then flush it down the toilet.
    Amberoz

Answer by Amberoz at 12:19 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• All you have to do to make sure it's dead is see guts. Is he flat? Are his guts on the floor? Then he's dead :p

Your daughter will be fine, just put her in another room with the door closed and go for it. I can't think of any venomous spider of that size that lives in the US, so I think you're safe :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:19 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• EW I get a big cup and stick it over the spider then slide a piece of paper under then shake it into the toilet. I grabbed and squished one once but he was taking off and I was scared he was heading for my daughter and EW!
    Seven07

Answer by Seven07 at 1:14 AM on Sep. 8, 2009