Our schools are not showing Obamas' speech What do you think?

Our high school and middle school have de cided not to show Obamas speech.It is felt it and the instructional guide disrupt a large portion of our class instructional time.It will be addressed in Social Studies as all pres. speeches have been.This is not our first day of school but the start of our third week.We are a mostly gifted program .Correct or wrong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I agree with them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• OP here I agree when i saw all the instructional time going to his guide I was upset. .I was not keeping my children out of school but think for children struggling,doing fine or very well it is time better spent in core instruction.Really few speeches should take precedence over instructional time---Republican or Democrat

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:29 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I think your schools catered to the whims of the extreme paranoid. Too bad for the kids who actually wanted to see it. The president, no matter the party affiliation, is usually viewed as a role model in the eyes of children.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:43 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Anon :43 ....you make alot of sense and seem so rational. So, what are you doing here? LOLOL...Really, I like your post and you do make sense! I think the kids would enjoy the speech.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:25 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• If the kids wanted to watch it then their parents could record it for them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:34 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Parents should make the decision.
    BonJovilover

Answer by BonJovilover at 1:46 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

Wow!! Too bad Al Gore hasn't invented the internet or you could just go to the White House site and view it with your children later......
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 1:54 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• My son's teacher isn't showing it, and I'm fine with that. I would have been fine with it had he decided to show it, as well.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:03 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I wish it was being shown at my kid's school but it's not because the kids are having breakfast and not in the classrooms at the time of the speech. I'll be showing it to my daughter when she gets home.

I don't think there's anything wrong with showing it in Social Studies or whatever class it fits in best. There's also no need to do the whole lesson plan if it doesn't suit the needs of the students. As another post says this is much ado about nothing.
    ASunny

Answer by ASunny at 2:17 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I think people are tired of seeing Obama everywhere like he is a little tin God. Enough is enough.
    Scorpio359

Answer by Scorpio359 at 3:08 AM on Sep. 8, 2009