conceiving with PCOS...

my friend has been trying to get pregnant for 17 months and unfortunately, she is has had no luck. she was recently diagnosed with PCOS. she thinks she will never be able to have kids...but last night i read some stuff on the internet that said it is not totally impossible to get pregnant. does anyone else have PCOS and been able to get pregnant? im just trying all i can to lift her hopes and spirits.

brodysmama23

Asked by brodysmama23 at 12:57 AM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• My mother-in-law has PCOS and has been able to have 6 children. Tell your friend to keep her chin up and just keep having good sex!!!!!
    Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 1:26 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• i have gotten pregnant once and was taking metformin for a few months when it finally happened. but now i have been taking it again for 6 months and nothing.
    so now i am going other routes and seeing what happens
    codysmama2609

Answer by codysmama2609 at 2:34 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I have PCOS and have two children. I also took metformin(glucaphage) with each. Not only did I take metformin, but also clomid. I had success and your friend can too!
    twilliams771

Answer by twilliams771 at 9:55 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I FOUND OUT ABOUT 2 YEARS AGO THAT I HAD PCOS. MY DD IS NOW 3 AND WE HAVE BEEN TTC FOR ABOUT 21 MONTHS NOW. I AM TAKING 2000MG OF METFORMIN AND MY DH IS GOING IN FOR TESTING ON MONDAY! I KNOW THAT THERE ARE WAYS FOR THIS TO HAPPEN, JUST TELL HER TO KEEP HER HEAD UP AND THINK POSITIVE! I UNDERSTAND HOW SHE FEELS!
    FREDDYMONSTER

Answer by FREDDYMONSTER at 6:07 PM on Sep. 11, 2009