baby sleep positioner

when can I let my baby sleep in the positioner? can I put her in it the first day I come home?
can I put my baby in the sleep positioner on her stomach?
or is it just meant for her back?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:59 AM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i would only let your new born sleep on her back for the first few weeks. always be around when your baby is sleeping.
    fallenruby

Answer by fallenruby at 1:02 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• DO NOT put the baby on his or her back. Didnt they give you all the paper work that you needed before they sent you home? Or you didnt have the baby yet? But to answer your question, I used a sleep positioner from day one. She was swaddled and put in it to keep her comfy like someone was snuggling with her. She slept for 6 hours at night the first week we came home.
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 1:02 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• OP-
    I haven't had my baby yet. its my husband and I's first. and I am having a c-section on sat
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:04 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Back to sleep... back to sleep... the SIDS rate dropped 90% when doctors started suggesting moms place their babies on their backs to sleep. It's SO important!

Most newborns will sleep fine on their backs without th epositioner and then they get used to it and don't need it. I never used mine.

And yes, you can use it the day you come home. But always ALWAYS put your baby on her back to sleep.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:05 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Well atleast you know when baby is coming. I had a c section too and I was so scared. But I knew when she was coming and that made it all that more exciting for me. The hardest part was getting out of bed, lucky me I have a water bed. Try geting out of that with your stomache muscles cut
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 1:05 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I'm not sure if luvsdanika means don't put your baby on her stomach? Because the back is the recommended position for sleep. Don't put her on her tummy, only for tummy time while she's awake. At least until she can roll, once that happens let her sleep however she's comfy. I'm sure you can use the postioner, just keep it away from her face.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 1:07 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• OP- since I am having a c-section should I have her sleep in the my bed with me until I heal a little bit so i can get up and get her out of her crib?
    Her crib is in my room
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:08 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Can I ask why you're having a c-section? Is your baby breach?

Safe co-sleeping is not dangerous, but you need to make sure your baby is not up in your pillows or down in your blankets. There should be no room between the mattress and the headboard or wall. Your mattress should be firm and no one sould be intoxicated or on medications that make you sleep harder. Breastfeeding will also help reduce the SIDS rate.

Breastfeeding will be more difficult in the first weeks after your surgury... perfect the side-lying position early. Sleeping with the baby will be the best way to do that. Do what you feel you can... you'll know if you need to have her in your bed before you leave the hospital.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:12 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• op-yes my baby is breech and Im already 39weeks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:15 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I had a C-section and co slept with a positioner and "snuggle nest" so I didnt have to get out of bed every hour to nurse. (you'll be sore) It made me feel better about DS being in bed with us since DH is a heavy sleeper.
    Basically it is a newborn sized bed with sides that fits right in the middle of your bed. I felt more comfortable having my son a little propped up on his side instead of flat on his back but not enough that he could fall to a belly position.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 1:22 AM on Sep. 8, 2009