depression

Another q reminded me of this. How does someone with no mental health insurance get prescriptions for stuff that will help. I feel that I definitely need help but I can manage without.. I'm stuck...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:08 AM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Health

• If you have prescription coverage a family doctor can prescribe anti-depressants. You don't need a therapist, and your prescription drug coverage will pay.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:13 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• well, you could get on medicaid maybe. Or you could see if there is anything that you could afford like a off-brand or whatever.
    MJ_BN_FE

Answer by MJ_BN_FE at 2:47 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Find a clinic with a sliding scale. Taking anti-depressants without therapy is like taking painkillers for a broken leg without a cast.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:24 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• most mental health clinics offer free samples or u can get a low cost script form walmart, kmart, or cvs
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 10:22 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• have you tried to get on the state health care plan, it is free to you and your kids. my son is on the california state healthy family insurance. just having him on it makes my husbaand and I get it too. wish you the best of luck!
    sweetheart1207

Answer by sweetheart1207 at 3:11 PM on Sep. 8, 2009