his ears !!

ok i have a five month old son, he tuggs at his ears - everyone says he may have or may be getting an ear infection or has an ear ache, how can i tell ?? he seems a bit warm sometimes, but other times he seems happy and doesnt seem to be sick, fyi;; he's got alot of hair so its around his ears :)

lucky_luvkitten

Asked by lucky_luvkitten at 1:08 AM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Well, the only way to be sure, and make yourself feel better is to take the little man in to the Dr. I always think, "better safe, than sorry!" I have actually taken my daughter in for a appt. for that very same reason. It did end up being her hair tickling her, but it definitely made me feel better to know. Good luck!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:12 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Sometimes when they have an infection they will stick their finger in their ear or hold their hand over it. Look for those things.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:22 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• My DD used to pull her ears alot just because she discovered they were up there and wanted to pull them lol. She started really rubbing and pulling on them and screaming one night so we thought she had and ear infection and took her to the doctor the next morning. Turns out she was just teething and it was causing some jaw and ear pain. So check for those things but if you're still not sure, PLEASE take him to the doctor.
    sadiesmom87

Answer by sadiesmom87 at 1:57 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• My son pulls his ears when he's sleepy. Definitely take him to the dr and have it checked out, but it may be something he does at certain times, or simply because he's figured out where his ears are!

Answer by missanc at 9:16 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I would take him to his local dotors office and at least let them check him out. he could have a ear infection.
    sweetheart1207

Answer by sweetheart1207 at 3:06 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• THANK YOU ALL, I WILL SET UP THAT APPOINTMENT AS SOON AS WELL RIGHT NOW !!
    lucky_luvkitten

Answer by lucky_luvkitten at 4:29 PM on Sep. 8, 2009