I think my 2 year old might have a UTI, how do I know for sure, and what can I do until I can get her to the doctor??

kfoster624

Asked by kfoster624 at 1:20 AM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Give her cranberry juice (100% juice) mixed with a little water
    Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 1:23 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• i would take her to the dr if her bug is red ,she saying it hurts after she pees, or is grabbing herself i would go...hell iwould take her just to be safe iw as told cranbery juice only works if u catch the infection in the first 24 hrs aftethat the bacteria is in there and u need antibotics..they r going to tell u stop with the baths give showers if u can, if u have to do a bath dont let her soak and play in and out method, no bubble baths, unsented wipes and diapers, and up her water intake, i have has many utis my self and my dd is plaged by them she had 2 already this year and i have done everything the dr have said to do
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 10:50 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I was told by my step mom and doctors to never drink cranberry juice. drink alot of water! I even had one, water seem to helped me. If she gets worse take her to the hospital if you can't seem to wait for her doctors appt. I wish you the best of luck!
    sweetheart1207

Answer by sweetheart1207 at 2:59 PM on Sep. 8, 2009