poison ivy

my bf has poison ivy really bad in his arma and hands from weed eating. any ideas or tricks you ladies use to get rid of it? i don't get it so i have no ideas, i put calamine lotion on it but he said it still hurts and he is still pussing, he cant hold our son its so bad

jparker289

Asked by jparker289 at 1:32 AM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Health

• I have seen stuff at the drugstore specifically for treating poison ivy. I can't remember the name of it but I am sure the pharmacist can help you find it.

Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 1:35 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• try and google some information up on the topic..
    2.tyme.mom-2-be

Answer by 2.tyme.mom-2-be at 1:40 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• use a creamy type of deodorant on the areas and it will dry it up asap. using an OTC antihistamine will help somewhat also.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:06 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I never found calamine to help at all. There are number of products in pharmacies that help. Ask the pharmacist. There are products that take the oil off and products that help with itch. Technu is one that I use.

Answer by Bmat at 10:30 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• ask a pharmacist. my grandmother use to put this pink cream on me when i was kid for poison ivy, but can't remember what it is called.
    sweetheart1207

Answer by sweetheart1207 at 2:30 PM on Sep. 8, 2009