my 3 month old son is 3 months old and sleep 10-12 hrs a night is this bad??

My 3 month son sleeps 10-12 hours dosen't wake up for a diaper change or feeding. Is this normal, am I lucky or is this bad??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:17 AM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You are lucky! My daughter slept a lot too and my doctor said "Never wake a sleeping baby! They will wake up when they are hungry!" My only recomendation is to change him if he is poopy or if he gets soaked. But other than that enjoy it!!! :)
    Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 2:18 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• no its fine. my little guy just turned 3 months on the 21st, he goes down around 8 or 9 wakes between 6 and 9 to eat than back to sleep for another 2 hours. every baby is diff so just love the fact that he sleeps through the night already and get your sleep while you can.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 2:19 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I think that you are the luckiest woman on the planet. Seriously.
    evwsquared

Answer by evwsquared at 2:19 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• no youre lucky!! some people will say wake them to eat. but if the yare developing good and gaining weight well, no need to. my dd did the same, were two of the lucky few! :)
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:21 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• My son started doing that around 3 months and he still does it (at 11 months). It's normal and makes us lucky!
    irishangel710

Answer by irishangel710 at 2:58 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• You are very lucky! My daughter was 8 months old the first time she slept 6 solid hours

Answer by rkoloms at 6:06 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• My daughter was like that. consider yourself lucky and get in some sleep yourself!!
    momof253725

Answer by momof253725 at 6:24 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• It's perfectly fine. All 4 of mine slept that much by 3 months - get some sleep!

Answer by missanc at 7:28 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• My youngest started sleeping through the night the day she turned 3 months (she also learned to roll back to front to back that morning, lol--busy day for her I guess). It was nice. Not as nice as my middle daughter sleeping 8-9 hours a night at 5 weeks.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 7:57 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Ohh I love it when they sleep, both my kids slept like that at that age
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 8:40 AM on Sep. 8, 2009