How would I go about Breast Feeding agian?

My son is almost 5 months and I dried up after 8 wks. I'd like to breast feed agian but I'm not sure if I'd need hormons or what? Should I ask his dr or mine?

BrodysMama417

Asked by BrodysMama417 at 2:19 AM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think you should ask your doctor. I haven't ever heard of anyone being able to do this but I don't see why not. I can still squeeze a little milk out and my dd stopped breastfeeing at 5 months and is now 15 months. Good Luck!
    Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 2:23 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• well relactating IS possible!!just first put your baby to the breast and see if he'll latch..get the latch down and then just keep putting him to breast..you might get a supply just by doing this. im not sure if youd need hormones or not, asking your doctor would be great for advice on that,good luck!! and awesome for you:)
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 2:23 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• relactating is possible- pp is right, you may not need hormones. ask your lc at the hospital, contact la leche league, or go over to the breastfeeding moms group how to's and resources- thay are very knowledgeable and can help with any problems or questions
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 12:36 PM on Sep. 8, 2009