7 yr old w/ B.O. and acne??

Is this normal? I have a 7 year old son who is very very big for his age. 107 lbs, not fat, just really tall and stout. He is the size of most 6th graders and even bigger than half of them. He has body odor and acne. I have to make him put deoderant on every day no matter what. And I have to make sure his face gets washed at bath time every night as well, but even then he still has acne. Is this normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:28 AM on Sep. 8, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• ive never heard of a child that young to deal with acne before,.or bo. but yet i havent raised one eiether;) have a talk with his doctor about it..its possible hes going through puberty really early.
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 2:30 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• weird but im sure it wont be that odd when you ask your dr.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 2:34 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• yah he just hit puberty, my nephew did the same thing at that age.. he even got armpit hair lol
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:35 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• AT SEVEN?? That is NOT normal for a boy. I would take him in and have his testosterone level checked. Has he been more aggressive at all? Most boys don't hit puberty until around 12.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:09 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I would take him to the doctors it can be a bad and good thing all together. I know your child is growing up before your eyes but he needs to get his teststerone check he most likely has an inbalance and need to be put on something before things get out of hand. GL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:02 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• at 7 that is not normal
    the acne or the weight .
    dont make excuses like tall and stout.
    107 is not health for a 7 year old.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:15 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• you know what stout means right it either means strong or FAT
    so either your 7 year old is a body builder or he is just fat you should take him to the dr

Main Entry: 1stout
    Pronunciation: \ˈstau̇t\
    Function: adjective
    Etymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French estut, estout, of Germanic origin; akin to Old High German stolz proud; perhaps akin to Old High German stelza stilt — more at stilt
    Date: 14th century
    1 : strong of character: as a : brave, bold b : firm, determined; also : obstinate, uncompromising
    2 : physically or materially strong: a : sturdy, vigorous b : staunch, enduring c : sturdily constructed : substantial
    3 : forceful ; also : violent
    4 : bulky in body : fat
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:18 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• It can be normal
    did you or anyone in your family have acne early?
    Acne is one of those things that runs in families.
    I would suggest taking him to the dr and getting some suggestions from the dr .
    The anon above me could had been nicer but has a point stout means strong or fat basically.
    I understand the whole tall factor but I would still see what the drs have to say about 107 .
    MY son is 5 years old and is 4 ft 6 and weights only 43 lbs he is as tall as the 5 graders in his pee wee football group.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:23 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• My twins started using deodorant and had mild pimples ( I don't know if I'd describe as full blown acne) at age 7. They started developing breasts and body hair at age 9 and menstruated for the first time at 10. Our pediatrician made the call at age 3 that they would "develop" early and to feed them organic milk in an attempt to delay the process. She also suspected a glandular disorder as the body odor can be quite pungent at times and require multiple bathings a day. As we know little about their biologiocal history ( they are adopted) we do our best with the information we have and Thank God for every day he has blessed us with them.
    laurasimonsays

Answer by laurasimonsays at 5:54 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Early puberty is mostly caused by all of the hormones pumped into conventionally raised animals. Be sure that your son understands all of the physical and emotional changes that he is going through; be extra-sensitive because his level of emotional maturity probably does not match his level of physical maturity.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:05 AM on Sep. 8, 2009