does anyone else's heart race really bad at random times?

i am 36 wkes and 5 days along and for the past maybe two weeks ive noticed it is like my heart races out of control. i can be sitting down doing literally nothing and my heart decides to jump out of my chest.shoot i have even been dead asleep and have woken up trying to catch my breath and my heart..ive recorded it with my granparents BP monitor,but the few times i have done it i have only seen it at 117-120,or like the other night while i was at the hospital it was only at 90 so there wasnt any worry. These heart races just happen at random times. is this normal with pregnancy or should i be bringing this up with my doc?

bamamommy2009

Asked by bamamommy2009 at 2:52 AM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i don't really know if its normal, but i get it too. a lot.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:17 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• 117-120 is a little on the fast side. My doctor got concerned with me just being recorded at 106. I'd say your best bet is to bring it up with your OB at your next appointment. Let them know that it has gotten that high.
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 3:22 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Be sure you are drinking enough water. Being dehydrated can cause a rapid heart beat. Plus, your heart is working extra hard right now providing you and your baby with enough blood and oxygen and you are lugging around the baby weight. All of these things can make your heart beat fast. Do however, talk to your doctor about it and in the meantime, drink more water.
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 3:47 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• i have had this throughout my entire pregnancy. i am now 35 weeks as well and i still get it when nothing provokes it at all. it sucks and i just sit there taking long deep breaths until it eventually goes away. mine was 125 last weeks. my doctor knows about it and she always tells me to take it easy. she wasn't too concerned about it. see what your doctor says.
    samantha21385

Answer by samantha21385 at 10:46 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• i have that during my pregnancy an before it as well. i was diagnosed with a heart condition so mine races randomly all the time. you can always ask you dr about it maybe hell order an ekg to make sure you dont have a murmur. in the mean time just drink plenty of water an when it happens just relax, the more tense you are the more itll hurt at times. good luck! i hope it gets better for you
    akalei

Answer by akalei at 7:04 PM on Sep. 8, 2009