How can I get my daughter to sleep more.

Here I am it's almost 2 am again. My daughter does not want to sleep!! Now I have tried to turn off all the lights and just leave the night light on thinking she would go to sleep. I have played outside with her all day. I have given her chores.
My daughter just does not want to sleep. I don't get it. She goes to bed late and sleeps no more than 5 hours.
Moms do you have any suggestions for me ?? I have read books and watched bed time stories. I don't let her have anything with sugar in it after 6 pm. I don't know what to do any more. I am tired and exhausted. I don't know what to do.

natsmom34

Asked by natsmom34 at 2:56 AM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Well, try SleepAid made by Hyland. It works for my kids without any side effect. Buy it from drugstore.com is cheaper.
    ocsosomom

Answer by ocsosomom at 3:03 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Hope it will help your DD otherwise I think your DD may need to see a doc.
    ocsosomom

Answer by ocsosomom at 3:04 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I would definitely talk to her pediatrician. My son has autism, so it's a little different case, but when he was about this age his dr recommended melatonin for a period of time to help my son get on a regular sleep schedule.

Answer by missanc at 8:28 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Thanks I will get some sleep aid today. I took her to a pediatricain. Yep wasted lots of money only to find out there is nothing wrong with her. She is 100% healthy. I was told she is going through a stage. Thanks Ladies! enjoy your day!
    natsmom34

Answer by natsmom34 at 11:37 AM on Sep. 8, 2009