Just wondering .... Why is it "cool" to misspell words on purpose?

IE..."cuz" "wat" "da" "dat" ect...
Back where I went to high school no one spelled like that talked like that nothing.
I never really saw it being done till I came on cafemom.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:57 AM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I don't know. I can't stand it either. I shouldn't have to decipher your message. The acronyms confuse me sometimes too, but I'm starting to learn them. I don't usually use them though.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 3:07 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• It isn't cool. It never has been. People who type slang like that speak slang and I am sure they flip burgers well, but just aren't people I hang out with.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:18 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I don't speak like that so i have no reason to spell like that. I don't care what the cool thing is or not if i answer a question or ask one i want people on here to understand what i'm asking.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:23 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• anon:23 - You say that you want people to understand what you are asking, but you have hardly any punctuation and you don't capitalize "I"......Are you trying to be funny?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:38 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• anon 3:18 people who flip burgers don't necessarily spell wrong... your a bitch. The idiots who write "dat" or "cuz" just do it to look cool, that's it, and its not.
    danichaos

Answer by danichaos at 3:41 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• You know what I hate? People who just can't spell and don't even realize they're doing it. I've always been a good speller, well most of the time. I can differentiate between words like "loose" and "lose" and "too" and "to". It drives me insane those who screw that up and all the damn time. I'm still getting used to the acronyms as well.

I can understand the abbr. thing (LOL) for when you're in a hurry, but misspellings, come on.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:45 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• nope i think its stupid. but then again when i type i don't cap. anything so go figure
    sweetpeatexas21

Answer by sweetpeatexas21 at 4:34 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• LOL I can guarantee you that it isn't just on CM. I use things such as IDK, etc. I don't really use those odd spellings. I don't like a lot of 'em. Just makes you look dumb.
    SAMNMAYASMOM

Answer by SAMNMAYASMOM at 5:32 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

****************************************************************************************************

Exactly! If it's too difficult to figure out WTF they're talking about, then I don't even bother. Spelling and grammar are the worst!
    SAMNMAYASMOM

Answer by SAMNMAYASMOM at 5:34 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

***********************************************************************************************

My point exactly! I hate to break it to you, but it's "You're a bitch". (You're= you are). Lets go back to grammar school, people.
    SAMNMAYASMOM

Answer by SAMNMAYASMOM at 5:36 AM on Sep. 8, 2009