quit a job

has anyone just told your boss one day im done i quit and when you went to pick up your check did you feel weird and didnt want to see your boss?

RIP.Caleb

Asked by RIP.Caleb at 3:02 AM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Money & Work

• Yes, I have. I was treated like crap and I had enough of it. It was hard facing my boss because she is a very feminist women and she never understood some of my principles. I had asked for a day off and was told that I could have the day off for my husband's reenlistment ceremony. The day before my boss called me and told me that this girl called in so I would have to come in. That would have been okay had this girl not called in once a week for some mysterious illness. There were several employees that would see her at the mall or out to lunch while they were on their lunch breaks. I typed up my resignation letter that night and laid it on the desk that morning. She didn't say much other than that she wished I would stay. Later that day, someone pissed me off, and I said that I didn't deserve this treatment and walked out the day. I picked up my pay check a few days later. It was hard but so worth it!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:57 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• yup, but i didnt mind picking up the paycheck. i did my part, he was the a-hole.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 7:48 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• You can ask them to mail the check to you to avoid the face-to-face.
    customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 10:47 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• You will not be able to collect unemployment insurance.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:24 PM on Sep. 8, 2009