Trying to figure out my due date.

Okay ladies, I need some help. I have my LMP at June 13th, 2009. Went to the doctor and told him that. We figured my estimated due date was 03/23/10. Then I went in to have my first ultrasound and he figures now that my LMP was June 30th with a estimated due date of 04/04/10. How can that be if I did not have a MP. then? Just wondering which would be more accurate the ultrasound or the actual 40 weeks since LMP?

acemckean

Asked by acemckean at 4:14 AM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• The ultrasound is what I have always went by. So i would say your due date is 4/4/10. Congrats.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 4:37 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• go with the ultra sound babe as they go of the size of your baby , this sort of happened to me , the nurse and i worked out a date then my ultra sound worked out i was 2 weeks behind the other dates lol u may get a different date again when you have another scan but i dont no where you live and its different in all places, i had a 12 weeks scan then i will have a 20 weeks scan were i find out the sex of the baby xx but good luck babes and congrats xx
    happymam2b

Answer by happymam2b at 8:49 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• The ultra sound is suppose to be more accurate but i wouldn't worry too much about the baby is going to come when it's done cookin. The dr. did the same thing to me with my son. Every time i went to the dr. they wanted to change my due date. I was really stressed about it but when it came down to it it didn't really matter.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:10 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Your LMP hasn't changed. It is just that that use that Naegle's rule for EVERYONE which is kind of silly since not everyone has a 28 day cylce and ovulates on day 14. If you have longer cycles or happened to have a long cycle that month, then a later date is the better estimate. In any case, I'd take the later date on paper that way you won't be harrassed for being "overdue" when you aren't. My cycles are normally a week longer than that average, and so using Naegle's rule would always be off for me by a week. I just happened to ovulate earlier than normal this pregnancy! My Lmp says Sept 16, ultra sound says 22, Prem's rule 26. I just say September!

Your estimated due date is the midpoint of a range. You can go approximately two weeks before that or 2 weeks after than. That is a far better way to look at it than focus on one day, since only 5% of women labor on that date due to random luck.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 9:13 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• i think the ultra sound would be better because what actually determines how far along your baby is is the date you ovulated. so perhaps you ovulated 4 weeks after your period (instead of the average 2 weeks after your period) and that's why you are due 2 weeks later and dr is just saying that is you LMP for measurement sake. good luck! it's really good that they changed it so they wouldn't start pressuring you to induce when it really might be too soon. congrats!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:29 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• 38 weeks from conception

Answer by rkoloms at 3:21 PM on Sep. 8, 2009