13 year old son has epilepsy and has been just out of it i guess you could say?

My Son reached his maximum dosage of medication two weeks ago. After he began taking this dosage, I began to slowly see my son deteriorate. He began acting out, lethargic, aggression, and depression. All he wanted to do was come home from school and go to bed. After watching him I also noticed that he was just acting dopey. He complained about seeing things and told me the meds made him feel like he was on steroids. Last Saturday, we were at my brother in laws and he became so enraged I had to restrain him. After he calmed down, he began to cry. I had never seen him act like he did. I called his neurologist and he told me to decrease his dosage immediately. But my son for some reason has still been taking the same dosage and he does it right in front of me and i asked him why and he told me he feels like he is going to collapse without his normal dosage. I do not know what to do his doc can not see him for a month. Advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:46 AM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• see if your doctor has a backup doctor he could see or take him to the ER to state the seriousness of this situation. Tell them his doctor won't see him and tell them the signs and MAKE someone listent to you...
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:59 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Why is a 13 year old controling his medicine? You need to take charge of the meds. It might help to slowly step down the dosage. That way his body can adjust more slowly.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 7:06 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• i agree with quinn, also look into homepathy and naturpathy, might be easier on his body and no long term effects
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 4:16 PM on Sep. 12, 2009