OK How old are we here?

Why don’t some of you I guess Ivy League moms understand how you make some people feel with your little spell check comments?
If you have such big problems with it write them. Don’t be childish and call them out right there.
No not everyone here has a grade A education. Some people can’t spell. Some people just were not lucky enough to get that wonderful education you apparently got.
Why cant you just be an adult and ignore it. Instead of calling them out and making them feel like Sh@t.
This is a site for moms not childish people who want to make someone else feel bad at any cost.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:58 AM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I couldn't agree with you more. Some people just never grow up. I was reading a post te other day and someone got mad because someone else idnt agree with their opinion andcalledthem a b***h. and I was like are you serious. best bumper sticker I ever saw said "Opinions are like buttholes,everyone has one and everyone thinks everyone elses stinks" LOL. Sorry I know off topic , but yea i agree with you.
    rebel_momma

Answer by rebel_momma at 6:39 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• i disagree. you only need a regular elementary/junior high education to be able to be grammatically correct. sure, some very big words may be confusing and cause misspellings...but we wouldn't expect everyone to know all of those, would we?
    besides, i highly doubt many 'ivy league' mommas are spending their downtime on CM pointing out grammatical errors or misspelled words.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 7:15 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• It doesn't take an Ivy league education to spell most of the words that are misspelled by people of all ages online now-a-day. A lot of people just don't pay attention to their typing, and it makes it difficult to read a post. A fourth grade education should suffice, actually.

I've already seen a few typos in the replies to your post. It's not meant to be offensive when they offer corrections, it's meant to be educational, so you can achieve a little higher of an education :D

Good luck!
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 7:16 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I agree with the previous two comments.

Then again, I suck and math and apparently can't pump gas (lol @ my bad morning last weekend) so . . .
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 7:35 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• really thehairnazi? My grandfather has a 6 grade education (dropped out of school when his dad died to help support the family) and he can hardly read.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 7:50 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Some people may be trying to help...but there are also people that will "correct" you out of spite.

Being mommies,you would think people might cut you some slack...you may be hurrying through a post with a toddler crawling up your back or perhaps one of the kids spilled Kool Aid on your keyboard and the keys are sticky.*shrug*

It drives me crazy to see the wrong words constantly used ,e.g. mute instead of moot, loose when you meant lose...but I don't want to embarrass someone over it. Nor do I want to sit here all night trying to compose a perfectly worded masterpiece, so you get what you get.

Ah phooey, I hesitate to post ,I know someone will rip into me for my grammar,or use of punctuation or something ,but that's just how I do things..your mileage may vary.

Typos are typos and jerks are jerks.lol

Oh ,and one never knows if another poster has disabilities that may effect their typing skills.
    rubymoon57

Answer by rubymoon57 at 8:04 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• This is they way I see it, if they want to have a stroke over a simple misspelled word, let them who cares!! If that is all they have to do in life is catch errors like that, then they have a pretty sad life!

lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 8:15 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• This is a site where people want to feel that they can relax and just talk among friends. As long as communication is achieved, that's what matters.

Answer by Bmat at 8:33 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• A misspelled  word is one thing, but what shows up is at times ridiculous. I understand that some people ask a question and are freaked out over a pregnancy or miscarriage, and it isn't those posts that irritate. It's the ones that have spelling mistakes with every other word that can be easily corrected with the spell check button that annoy. Ivy league, I wish. Simple public high school education here, and yes we could ignore the posts with the bad spelling, but by the time we realize there's such bad grammar we've already struggled through the entire post. I don't think anyone has the right to insult or humiliate just because there's grammar mistakes though. Keep it clean ladies, we aren't children here. You can't teach your children respect if you can't show respect to others.

BooBear666

Answer by BooBear666 at 8:49 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• i dont get what the problem is if they know what the person is getting at.soome people just talk slang because its the internet, it doesnt mean they cant spell.some moms are just bored bitches and understand perfectly what you wrote but just wanna be dumb bitches.screw em all, i dont let it get to me.
    Desi2Sweet

Answer by Desi2Sweet at 8:54 AM on Sep. 8, 2009