• In the Spotlight:

I just had a Miscarriage and am pregnant again. How can I keep from stressing out about having another one?

Sunshine808

Asked by Sunshine808 at 7:46 AM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You cannot...sorry...I have been in your shoes! The best thing for you to do is take each day slowly! Do your best to make sure you and the baby are healthy. See your doctor, take your vitamins. I know how hard it is to be happy instead of worried...try remembering that every pregnancy is different. Just because it happened does not mean it will happen again! After my miscarriage I had a very healthy baby boy, and I am pregnant again with my next little one. One you miscarry you are going to naturally worry! Just try not to...I know it is easier said then done. Talk to your doctor about your concerns. And try to take it one day at a time!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 8:11 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Wow! That's a very tough one. I don't think you could stop thinking about it but you have to find some peace or you won't enjoy your pregnancy at all. That would be a shame since it can be a wonderful time. OF course you're nervous but just do what you should to be healthy for you and the baby. That's all you can ever do. Best of luck to you!
    gummylump

Answer by gummylump at 8:13 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• the more sleep, the less stress.keep your body relaxed.i never had 1 but resting helps prepare your body for carrying the baby.good luck n congrats
    Desi2Sweet

Answer by Desi2Sweet at 8:39 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• am with desi2sweet on this one , try to rest as much as possibleto and i realy hope everything goes yr way congrats, try thinking of christmas of something to keep your mind of it xxx
    happymam2b

Answer by happymam2b at 8:43 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• You are still going to worry, but don't put it in the forefront of your thoughts. Focus on other things as much as possible. You can't control the outcome.

Also keep in your mind that this pregnancy is not the same as the other.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 9:05 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• i have been going through the same thing! this is my first pregnancy after a miscarriage, and all the way up through like...28 weeks or something i really couldn't just be excited like i was with my son. (i think i miscarried around 10 or 11 weeks)....i just couldn't get the thought out of my head.i think you just have to make sure yo'ure doing what you can to be healthy. and maybe let your doctor know that you are a little worried. mine always say things are looking good, and i tell them that makes me feel SO much better because i'm always worried. They told me it's normal to feel that way. Once you see the ultrasound and start feeling some regular movement, that is when you'll probably start to enjoy your pregnancy more, so until then just stay positive!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:23 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• From people I've known, including myself, it's pretty common to have a miscarriage(in early weeks), then get pregnant again right after and everything be fine. I don't know if it's a science, but most miscarriages tend to happen w/in the first couple months. I read somewhere that (early on) miscarriages are actually fairly common- such as when you have a late period that hurts more than usual. Just hang in there and know that it's much more common for everything to be okay- a miscarriage doesn't determine your ability to have a healthy child. Hold on and be positive, once you make it through the first trimester, your pregnancy will most likely result in a beautiful baby to take home.
    ranedare

Answer by ranedare at 9:40 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I have gone through the same thing. I miscarried at 13 weeks exactly one month before I got pregnant again. This whole pregnancy [I'm 35 weeks] , I can't stop thinking about something happening. You will never not think about it but just remember that everything is ok and until you have something to worry about, don't. That's what my doctor has been telling me since I found out that I was pregnant. Good luck! and try to relax and enjoy being pregnant..it's amazing!
    Sophialove

Answer by Sophialove at 9:52 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Extra reassurance from your dr will greatly ease your mind! Can you fit in an appt between appts -so he can either do an ultrasound or listen for the heartbeat?
    connie45

Answer by connie45 at 10:07 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I was in your shoes as well and honestly nothing really eased my worrying. My pregnancy right after my m/c I was so paranoid something was going to happen. I worried every appt. that I would not hear the heartbeat. I just called the doctor every time I worried about something just for reassurance. They were great. I just had my third baby since my m/c. This pregnancy I wasn't worried at all. So time will make you feel better. But that first pregnancy was very stressful because I was worried.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Sep. 8, 2009