racism???

how much racism is really out there?i feel like i am missing something or am i just really ignorant?

nana77500

Asked by nana77500 at 8:31 AM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Racism is still out there . Most people just hide it. They are sly with it.

Answer by louise2 at 8:36 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• oh theres a lot of racism.. it really depends on where you live or who ur family is.. My bfs family is racist bc they were raised that way. my kids are mixed but they dont care they stopped with any racist comments. in fact they love my kids and treat them as any other kid. So i really do think its all in the way u were raised or something has to happen to make u that way. my brother hates blks bc when he was 16 a group of them jummped him. Its so weird how kids can change everyones opnions. My kids have changed a lot of peoples opnions on blk people and i like it that way. People that are racist dont know everyone is the same. color doesnt make u who you are. If they would give some people a chance maybe it would change their mind about it all. but they are too stuck on being racist to open their eyes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:39 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Not as much as the media would like you to believe. There are people who make their living off of keep it alive like: Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:41 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I'm ashamed to say it is still there. Just heard the n word the other day.:(

I have seen the cops mace an NA male that was on the ground getting pounded by a white guy.
    The NA was maced,handcuffed, shoved into the back of a police car and got to spend the night locked up.Despite the fact that several witnesses saw the white guy jump the NA,the white guy wasn't handcuffed and after an hour or so was released.
    I saw the same thing happen to an Asian guy..pushed around and bullied by a bunch of white guys twice his size.Cops came..guess who got arrested and who patted themselves on the back and hoisted another beer?
    During the election I was scouting around Photobucket looking for funny pics...I was appalled at some of the things I saw.
    My inlaws sent me a link to a video about how Islam was gonna take over the whole world in a few years.I went looking for more info on the video and wound up on a white power website. :(

rubymoon57

Answer by rubymoon57 at 8:47 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Unfortunately, racism is still very much a part of our society. And, the truly sad part is,that now we have a new President, reverse racism is even more rampant. It's never ok, on either side,and I hope and pray someday it will be eliminated all together,but that probably won't happen.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:56 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• It's real. Anon 8:41....that is dumb

I think that some people are prejudice, & not full blown racist. For instance, yeah...southerners hate me for saying it BUT...since i moved down here to Atlanta, the prejudism & racism is A LOT more obvious. If you were raised down here, heck even if you werent, you certainly KNOW someone who is either prejudice or full out racist. MANY southerners deny it, & get rude w/ me for saying so...but until i moved down here, i never experienced it. My boyfriends grandmother & his uncle are racist, they don't talk about it around company, but the things they say....OMG!!! Lets see...who else...my Ex husbands dad's side of the family are ALL racist, the "n" word is their favorite. DD is NOT allowed over there! And i have a some prejudice associates. I told them a story about some folks at the pool who were a bit out of control, the first thing out of their mouth "were they black??" UHH... NO
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:01 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I know racism is still alive and well we're just not burning crosses and calling people things like gook or spick or any other derogatory name. The ways of racism are more subtle. If people would stop playing the victim and being so offended all time maybe we could make some headway but until them racism will thrive.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:03 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• nana, you are not ignorant. Your lucky to not have been exposed to it :)

I grew up in Cambridge MA, & maybe it was because i was younger, but i never once in my life experienced racism while growing up in Cambridge. But, when i moved to the south, it was a whole different story. I've been here 9 years, & there have been MANY times that i have run into racist people. Both racist blacks & whites.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:06 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I don't understand, are you saying you don't see much of it? It is still there believe me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:07 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• ....SOME PEOPLE ARE RAISED THAT WAY AND SOME PEOPLE DECIDE TO BE RACIST....I ON THE OTHER HAND DON'T LIKE TRASHY WHITES,TRASHY BLACKS OR TRASHY MEXICANS ,TRASHY ETC.......I LOVE NICE WHITES,BLACKS,MEXICANS ETC...IF YOU HAVE RESPECT FOR ME I WILL HAVE RESPECT FOR YOU....IF YOUR IGNORANT TO ME I WILL BE IGNORANT BACK! I LOVE ALL PEOPLE OF ALL RACES!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:03 AM on Sep. 8, 2009