When do you up the amount they eat?

My DS is 3 months old and eats between 4 and 5 oz of formula...he has been eating that for about a month now. Sometimes he wants to eat every 3 hours and sometimes he will go as long as 5 hours...should I keep it 5 oz or bump it up to 6? I don't want to waste formula but I also don't want him to go hungry...

konnorsmommy09

Asked by konnorsmommy09 at 8:48 AM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• when my daughter started going longer in between thats when i upped it. once i put her down after she was done , and an hour later she was sucking her hand like crazy ... she wanted to eat summore. so thats what made me up it.
    tha-hawt-mommie

Answer by tha-hawt-mommie at 8:50 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• he will let u know when he wants more.. they will cry for more when its time and if u do 6 oz u dont have to waste it.. make and 8 oz and when the baby doesnt finish put it in the fridge so u have enough for another feeding
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:51 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• babies need frequent feeds so i'd keep the amount where it's at. you don't want to stuff him like a little piggy and make his tummy sore and him fat. just follow his cues.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 9:44 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• If he wants more, give him more. If he doesn't want more, keep things as they are.....
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 9:58 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• DO NOT do what anon said. Once a baby has started on a bottle you do not want to put that bottle in the fridge. It is only good for an hour once eaten. Unless you make a bottle and then store it right away you can keep it in there for 24 hours. Man this site is freakin ridiculous. I wish people would stop giving horrible advice that could make a baby sick. And stop posting anon bc you know your an idiot. Ugh......every baby is different. If after a bottle he is still trying to suck away or crys he might want more, if he seems content I would leave it at that. If he can handle another ounce that is normal to up it...my son is a long baby and so he has always eaten like a baby a month or so older..he has had 8 oz. since around 4 months but he wants it all, and some babies cannot stomache more than 4 oz at that age.
    soveryconfused

Answer by soveryconfused at 10:24 AM on Sep. 8, 2009