How would you react? (if a friend did this)

For 3wks I have been babysiting my bffs kid until she can find daycare for him. Mon. she didnt show -- I just thought OK its Labor day, alot of people are off & she just thought I would naturally know- No Biggie!
This morning I wake up early to be up for them & they never show again!
If ur bff did this to you. What would you do!?
I am worried about them & will call later in the day... but im irritated that i have not got a simple call for her or her DH ...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:53 AM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• If its her norm not to call me about stuff going on then Id probably let it slide. Im talking about all things not just babysitting related calls. Like if its her personality to not call and either just show up or not show up,etc then Id let it slide.

However, if its not her norm then Id call as soon as I figured they'd be awake to see what was up...out of concern.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 11:26 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• This is your bff?.. And you didn't get a call or anything? I would be worried if this was out of character for her. Also i would be more clear with my communication. I would ask dates and times and tell her that i was flexible (if you are) and she can call and change the plan she just needs to call. If it were my bff i would be more worried than upset at this point.
    mrsjonzy

Answer by mrsjonzy at 8:55 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• have you called her to see if she found daycare?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:56 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I'ld be irritated as well, she should have had the decency to call you and say she wouldn't need you to watch her child anymore. Hopefully she paid you for babysitting her child.
    BooBear666

Answer by BooBear666 at 8:58 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• lock your door and sleep in tomorrow. if she shows up, tell her you assumed she had other arrangements and you are busy. she should have given you a call to let you know what was up. i'm going through sort of the same thing with my sister right now actually. except, she's showing up when her son should be in daycare by now. but she was too lazy to turn in the application and wonders why no one called her on a holiday weekend... hopefully i don't go into labor since he was supposed to stop coming 2 weeks ago...
    MaMaLaLa369

Answer by MaMaLaLa369 at 8:58 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I would have called a half and hour after she didn't show up. To see why. I would have told her, she should have called. Because I plan my day around watching her child and of coarse I would say I was worried about them too. If I couldn't get a hold of her, I would call other people that know her and find out what's up with her.

Answer by louise2 at 9:03 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• This kind of behavior is just...just..ugh! I have had this happen. So I did exactally what the post above suggests. Sleep in. If she calls you later flipping out...then say "hey, you were a no call no show for two days in a row. I just assumed you weren't needing me to sit for you. People will only use you as a door mat as long as you are willing to let them.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:05 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• she could have called to et you know your day was free. if she is a BFF you should be able to ask her what's up
    mamak57

Answer by mamak57 at 10:43 AM on Sep. 8, 2009