I need Advice! What do I do when I want another child when my husband does NOT?

I now have two boys and I would like to have one more child. My husband says he does not want anymore children!! How do I change his mind?

twilliams771

Asked by twilliams771 at 9:37 AM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• Don't. Why would you want to have more children with someone who doesn't? I'm not trying to sound mean or rude in anyway, I'm just saying, my husband and I are pregnant again and he doesn't want it although he knew I stopped taking BC 2 weeks prior to when he came inside me anyway, and he's not excited at all about this pregnancy. I feel like he's stuck now with a child he doesn't want.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:39 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Men are logical ppl. Maybe he's seeing it from a financial angle and with the recession here he might just think it's not financially feasible to do that. Perhaps he will reconsider when the economy is better. Give it some time and discuss it again

Answer by admckenzie at 9:42 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• that is very tough for both of you I know. You have to ask it this worth putting a big obstacle wall up between you as a couple? When the kids are grown and gone it will be just the two of you just like in the beginning. So do you want your husband to be there or not? Don't do something unless you both are on the same page. The timing is not right at the present so back down or you might regret what could happen. I had a third child and it was a surprise to both me and my husband. We hadn't planned on that and it wasn't a mistake but it will still hard at the time when you thought you were done having kids. Adam has added so much to our lives and is a special needs child at that. Miracles still happen today!
    JustCarol

Answer by JustCarol at 9:50 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• im in the same boat as you i want a third child so bad but my hubby doesnt. he says he doesnt think we can afford it.(which we can) then he says are we going to be able to give each child attention he just gives me all these excuses but then he"ll be like to one of the kids to you want a brother or a sister so im so confused. and i think hes confused. anyways maybe give him some time to really think about it. thats what im doing i try not to bring it up anymore. good luck :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Don't force it on him. Fastes ticket to divorce court is to trick him or nag him into it. It's not all about YOU. He has every right to not want more added stress. Just wait a while until things look better and bring it up again. Why can't you be thankful and happy for what you have??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:29 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Thanks for everyones advice! But to the last Anonomous....I am VERY thankful for what I have!, thank you! I would like to try for one more child, if that happens. That does not mean I am not thankful or happy with my life!
    twilliams771

Answer by twilliams771 at 2:11 PM on Sep. 8, 2009