Any CRAFT ideas for a PRE-K CLASS Halloween party?

If I am asked to be the "Room Parent" of my daughter's class, I will be in charge of putting the Halloween party together.

I'd love to do a craft with them. But it needs to be something simple (they are 4 and 5 years old), as well as "quick", being that there will only be about 45 minutes of time for the party allotted.

Any and all ideas would be appreciated. But I can only use ONE.

Thanks to all of you in advance.

pr0udm0m_0f_3

Asked by pr0udm0m_0f_3 at 9:47 AM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Entertainment

• Games are way more fun. Play dounuts on a string. Its like the germ free bobbing for apples. Or you can make tootsie pop ghosts. You just need tootsie pops, some pre cut white fabric squares. Take those ridged scissors to the fabric if you have the time, and a pipe cleaner. Let them draw the face on the fabric then place over the pop and twist the pipe cleaner around it like a bow tie. Tell them its a special treat to give to someone special like a mommy or daddy or grandma yada yada yada. They may need some help with the bow tie part but its quick easy and cheap. Have fun.
    Jillybeans24

Answer by Jillybeans24 at 8:31 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Google is your friend :)

http://www.enchantedlearning.com/crafts/

http://crafts.kaboose.com/holidays/halloween/
    rubymoon57

Answer by rubymoon57 at 9:52 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• While I appreciate the links to those sites, Ruby, I would love to hear from those that have USED their ideas as to know that those kids will ENJOY making the craft I choose.

Thanks again though for the links, I will still look at them.
    pr0udm0m_0f_3

Answer by pr0udm0m_0f_3 at 9:58 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Were more of a Christmas craft family LOL.

Hmmmmmmmm..
    Chenille stems and googly eyes..they can bend them and twist them into spiders or aliens or whatever and then glue eyes on them.
    Craft foam.. orange and black..pre cut pumpkin shapes if they're too young for scissors and some small black pieces to make faces with...Glue a magnet on the back and they've got something to put on the fridge when they get home. :)
    rubymoon57

Answer by rubymoon57 at 10:10 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Those are great ideas! Thanks.
    pr0udm0m_0f_3

Answer by pr0udm0m_0f_3 at 10:20 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Get some construction paper and black paint. Have the kids draw a body and head for a bat. Then dip their hands in the paint and have them put their hand prints on the paper to make the wings for the bats.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:19 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Four popsicle sticks overlapped and glued into a square makes a cute picture frame. Have them color it with markers or crayons, Add some Halloween stickers, 2 small magnets on the back and voila. I have a very cute food craft idea too, if you want that pm me! :)
    emnasmom

Answer by emnasmom at 12:58 PM on Sep. 8, 2009