I'm not sure if it is worth it anymore?

My husband and I have been together for 2 years. At first it was wonderful even though were lived so far apart. I moved for him and left everything that I had ever known. It was great until he quit his job it took him 2 months to get a new one which was fine because I had a job. Then he took a seasonal job. Ok, but when the season ends so does your job. Well we both lost our job and he went and got on unemployment. Since being on unemployment he has done nothing. He has gone and looked for a job 3 times, he doesn't help with the housework, he doesn't help with the kids. I can't even get him to take out the trash most of the time. He sits in front of the computer all afternoon, evening, and most of the night since he doesn't go to bed until about 4 in the morning and sleeps all day. I love him to death but I want someone that will help.

crys630

Asked by crys630 at 9:55 AM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• It sounds as though he is shattered emotionally. He needs to talk with a counselor to get his ideas and motivations back on track. Meanwhile, perhaps you could list the tasks that need to be done and talk with him about who does what.

Answer by Bmat at 9:59 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• It sounds like he's depressed. Most men think that their only job is to provide for their family he's not doing that right now and he probably feels emasculated. I would talk to him about it in a non accusatory way with words like i think and i feel and see how that goes.
    mrsjonzy

Answer by mrsjonzy at 10:06 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Being out of work is a shot to a mans ego, it is hard for them and they become depressed easily. I feel your pain. Mine has been laid off since the second week in Jan. He did this up and down thing too. Went in spurts, one day mowing the lawn and doing things around the house...the next up all night sleeping all day, doing nothing. Makes you want to kill them I know. Be positive to him. Tell him any job would be lucky to have him. Offer to make him a resume, or search the want adds with him. But be honest. Tell him that his job is finding a job,or at least he can help you out with the chores around the house and the kids.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:37 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• My husband was laid off about a year ago and even though he felt bad and we were under alot of stress, he still did his part. He's almost always been helpful but when he was laid off we came up with a game plan until he found another job. Everything was split to what we considered to be 50/50. I'm not sure if this would work for you babe but it's worth a shot. Good luck!
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 11:09 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• He's depressed. It won't be easy but ask him if he'll go see a doctor about it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:34 PM on Sep. 8, 2009