Why aren't people who beleive that in certain situations abortion is ok Pro-Choice?

I am pro-choice. So, i don't need to be given a reason as to why someone is having an abortion. I beleive that it is up to them, no matter how the pregnancy came about.

So, how can people call themselves pro-life is they are ok with an abortion in certain circumstances?

Surely you are either one or the other?

Why do you have to create grey areas?

GrungeMum

Asked by GrungeMum at 9:57 AM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Because they are against the small percentage of skanks who have repeated abortions as a method of birth control
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:01 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Why is everyone so concerned with what other women do with their bodies? If you don't like abortion fine don't have one but don't try and force your views on other people. I have no idea what their deal with the in this situation this is okay business. It's none if their business.. are they taking care of all the children in the world that are unwanted, unloved and neglected? If not they should get off their soap boxes and start making a real difference in an actual child's life instead of fighting over a group of cells.
    mrsjonzy

Answer by mrsjonzy at 10:03 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I am assuming youre talking about rape, and/or life and death instances, right? That is a very very small percent of reasons why abortion occurs.. so it's a moot point, imo.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:03 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• It may be a small percent but it still happens all the time. AND, it is the reason people who call themselves pro life use to justify abortion. So, its not moot at all.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:09 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Why is everyone so concerned with what other women do with their bodies?

We don't give a damn what you do to your body. It's what you're doing to your kid's body without their consent that we find inhuman and cruel.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:16 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• It's what you're doing to your kid's body without their consent that we find inhuman and cruel

And the difference is many of us don't consider a mass of dividing cells a "kid"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:18 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• No grey areas for me abortion is murder. In the case to save a mothers life a mom chooses to either save her life at the expense of her unborn or allow them both to die. It is still the ending of a life.

Most abortions are done because a woman was irresponsible and did not take her birth control or used it improperly. Only 3500 of the nearly 1 million abortions done each year are for rape, incest or to save a moms life. Most are done becuase of complete selfishness. I think it is wrong to ever end the life of a baby. I would never do it and I was faced with that choice in my last pregnancy. My son was born 3 months early I could not abort him I allowed him a chance at life and he was delivered and not burned to death in my womb then delivered. He is 7 years old now and is a perfect kid. He could have died but with abortion he definately was going to die a painful death in the womb. As a mom I could not do that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• And the difference is many of us don't consider a mass of dividing cells a "kid"

So until your child was born you were not a mother assuming you even have kids you allowed to live.
    Anonymous

• ok well smartass I've never had an abortion nor do I think I personally could/would unless the situation were dire; but that doesn't give me the right to decide that for anyone else.

And until I could see an actual "human figure" on the screen or feel them kick then no they weren't "real" to me yet. And in fact not "alive" until brain activity began. That is my position and trying to guilt me into changing it by dragging my children into the discussion won't work.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:23 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I am prolife, in all situations. I think the number of pregnancies from rape and the number where it's "medically necessary" is so incredibly low, it's just not worth making an exception.

Answer by missanc at 10:23 AM on Sep. 8, 2009