Do you think that it is justifiable to give more vaccines to our babies?

CDC Mandatory Vaccine Schedule
Comparison
Children: Birth to 6 years

The number between parenthesis is the age of the child in months.

USA 1983
DTP (2)
OPV (2)
DTP (4)
OPV (4)
DTP (6)
MMR (15)
DTP (18)
OPV(18)
DTP (48)
OPV (48

USA 2007
Influenza (prenatal)
Hep B (birth)
Hep B (1)
DTaP (2)
Hlb (2)
IPV (2)
PCV (2)
Rotavirus (2)
Hep B (4)
DTaP (4)
Hib (4)
IPV (4)
PCV (4)
Rotavirus (4)
Hep B (6)
DTaP (6)
Hib (6)
IPV (6)
PCV (6)
Influenza (6)
Rotavirus (6)
Hlb (12)
MMR (12)
Varicella (12)
PCV (12)
Hep A (12)
DTaP (15)
Hep A (18)
Influenza (18)
Influenza (30)
Influenza (42)
MMR (48)
DTaP (48)
IPV (48)
Influenza (54)
Influenza (66

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:13 AM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I can't urge you strongly enough to do your own research!! Do not base your decision on opinions. Many people read the same information and have differing conclusions. Our conclusions were that the preservatives are toxic and the interaction between the vaccines can be dangerous; we also feel that teeny bodies can handle only so much intrusion at a time.
    We choose to selectively vaccinate on a delayed schedule. The first vax was after our daughter turned one. We never did more than one vax per office visist. We had the office order single dose, preservative free vaccines; we concluded that the additives to the vaccines and the interactions between the vaccines posed the greatest danger. We skipped flu, chicken pox, and a couple of others. We always read the insert before allowing the shot to be given.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:38 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I don't do the vaccines as recommended. I delayed and selectively vaccinate. It's up to each parent to research and make the decision for their family, but I do find the list(s) interesting.

Answer by missanc at 10:20 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• My children have always had the regular Vax on schedual and also get a flu shot
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:24 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• We don't vaccinate and I am alarmed they put that many chemicals in children's body's. Don't need to be a scientist to get that since we have upped the amounts of vaccinations the amounts of kids with Autism, Aspergers, Juvenile onset diabetes, allergies and asthma have all gone up.

The fact 12,000 children are injured by vaccinations is also further proof they are not safe for all and thank God they are not mandatory.  I think that will change as people are easily scared and panicked in our country.  We thankfully have a doctor that would willingly falsify my child's vaccination records if necessary someday. 

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:44 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• "I don't do the vaccines as recommended. I delayed and selectively vaccinate. It's up to each parent to research and make the decision for their family."

DITTO.
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 11:05 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I delay and selectively vax. I researched them all, and talked with my ped. She is in agreement with our decision.

I fully agree this is a parent's responsibility to do their homework and do what is best for their kids.
    LiliM

Answer by LiliM at 11:07 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• No, they already get TOO MANY. That's schedule is aggressive and dangerous.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• ummm....i work in the medical field and in MT our children only receive half of that list. we can request more if we want. but i get whats required for them for school and me for work and thats it.
    crazyfunmom

Answer by crazyfunmom at 3:44 PM on Sep. 8, 2009