I have already had two c-sections, do you think my doctor will let me go into labor naturally before doing the next c-section?

My first was an emergency section, the second was a repeat, but I went into labor and they had to move it up. I'd like to go into labor naturally, for the baby's breathing, but I am wondering if the doc will think it is too risky. (I'd ask, but I'm not even pregnant yet!)

Hazelnutkin

Asked by Hazelnutkin at 10:15 AM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You would have to ask him, I had one emergency c-section, and my next one was a scheduled one for precautionary reasons. Every doctor is different.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:16 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• You can have a VBAC, a vaginal delivery. Why not? ;-)
    But you might want to find a normal birth specialist (midwife) rather than a surgeon (OB). You'll have a better chance of getting the birth you want and are more likely to have better all-over care.
    :-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:01 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• go to: www.ican.org

You are in charge of your own health and decisions. "Let" in my opinion, shouldn't be a word to use.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 11:06 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• My babies have been rather large (and considering my size) and history of trying to birth naturally ( I had planned a waterbirth and we tried for three days) I have decided to go the c-section route. I would give the same advice you are giving me, so appreciate it, but I was wondering if my doctor is likely to fight this (going into labor naturally) with me.
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 1:27 PM on Sep. 9, 2009