How can I still care?

I was seeing this man for a while, almost 6 months and it seemed like everything was going ok. He told me he didn't want a serious relationship and that was fine, I was ok with the way things were going, just casually dating, because I just got out of a bad marriage. Well as time went on I started caring more and more about him, but it seemed like the better I was to him, the worse he treated me. Even though he acted like he wanted me around, called, we did things together, to me actions speak louder than words. Anyway, the last time we spoke, which has been over a week ago, he got so angry at me for offering to bring him something to eat! He cursed me and talked to me like a dog. So here's my ?, why on earth do I still care about this guy? I miss him, I miss talking to him and I want to call him tonight because I feel like he's had enough time to cool off, what should I do, should I let it go or should I try again?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:28 AM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• Move on... I know it will hurt but there are so many more kind and caring people out there. It seems to me he's beginning to show his true colors and it's just going to get worse. You don't deserve that!
    It's not wrong to want companionship, just don't be with him just because you're lonely. Try to find someone that will add to your life, not take away from it. GL
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:33 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• why would he have gotten made over food? no offence but i think that you could do better. listen take your time like you said you just got out of a bad marriage don't rush into another one. play the "field" believe me there are other men out there. and i think you miss him because you feel alone without some one to "love you" well you deserve better than that. good luck and hope everything works out for the best

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Let it go. If someone cares about you, they won't be mean to you. And he told you he didn't want a relationship - find someone who does.

Answer by missanc at 10:39 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• let it go girl....move on this on is not a keeper... NEVER let a man treat you like that b/c it will just get worse.. He sounds like he has alot of problems... along with im sure there is another women and you are way to good for him. DONT call him DONT pick up his callssss dont put yourself in another bad situation!! Give yourself time to heal from your marriage, alone time is best.. keep yourself busy! The right one will come along.... remeber... dont hear what he says ...see what he does... and by his actions i can tell he dosent care about you at all.... It will continue like this for as long as you let it.. take the control back!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I apprecieate all of those answers! I'm so tempted to call him up but I know I shouldn't. I just wish it didn't hurt so much, I thought he had killed all the feelings I had for him when he talked to me that way last week, but I catch myself thinking about him everyday, usually all day long. I don't cry unless something like a song triggers it, but it still hurts!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Sep. 8, 2009