• In the Spotlight:

Hair falling out after pregnancy

I had a baby 4 months ago and just recently, within the last 2 weeks I've noticed that I have been losing ALOT of hair. I'm almost bald around my temple areas!! Has this ever happened to anyone else? It never happened after I had my daughter, so this has got me freaking out!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Health

• my hair was never better when i was pregnant, i thought it was the vitamins, did you stop the vitamins???

mine never fell out though, so i do not have an answer for you, maybe call nurse at your doctors office, and if they do not give you any idea of what is happening, call a pharmist, i know sounds strange, but i have always found when i call a pharmist they are very willing to suggest things

gl
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 11:17 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Pregnancy hormones will keep hair from falling out, so as hormones go back to normal all the hair that would normally have fallen out during the 9 months of pregnancy falls out in a few months. It is totally normal, and you won't end up bald, even though it may seem like you will : )
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 11:44 AM on Sep. 8, 2009