Have you or your kids eaten a uncooked hot dog?

did you/they, get sick?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My little one isn't old enough to eat hot dogs, but when we were younger my grandparents used to take us to the beach and that is all we ever ate! Hot dogs come "precooked" where they are safe to be eaten.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:48 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Ours will grab one once in a while, I don't mind. It's not a daily or even a weekly thing but it doesn't hurt them. It's no worse than a beef stick from the gas station. They're fully cooked so they won't/haven't gotten sick from them.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:49 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• If you mean one straight out of the package, my kids have eaten thousands of them. A hot dog is cooked before it is packaged. All you are doing when you bring it home from the store is heating it up.
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 10:51 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• All the time, he'll go to the refrigerator and get a hot dog for himself, Neither one of us have ever gotten sick from it

trevsrockinmom

Answer by trevsrockinmom at 10:51 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• All the time doesn't even count in my house LOL, meaning everytime I buy them, they are gone in no time, no I dont cook them or heat them up, all three of my kids and hubby eats them straight from the fridge. No they have never gotten sick.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 10:55 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• When I was a kid, I did and never got sick.
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 11:00 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• hotdogs are fully cooked so they are ok to eat out of the package. I grew up eating them out of the package. My mother wouldn't cook them for me. I'd have starved to death waiting for her to cook them. I never got sick. My grandkids eat them out of the package all of the time. They don't want to wait to heat them up. They are always in a hurry to get back to playing.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:10 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• LOL My kids thought you HAD to cook them and when they saw me pull one from the pack and take a bite out of it, they freaked out. "It's raw mom!" I had to tell em that it's just cold, not raw... you can it it right from the pack anytime you want. But they still won't... not cause they still think it's raw, they think it tastes yucky. LOL kids!
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 11:11 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I have...never got sick.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 11:23 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Pre-cooked, totally safe, and in MO taste yummo that way.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:26 AM on Sep. 8, 2009