Autism

A lot of mom's on here blame vaccinations on the rise of autism (though only one case had a direct link to that and it didn't cause autism just made hersymptoms worse) so now the new news is moms that don't have enough vitamin D in their diets throughout their pregnancies may be the cause. How does this affect your views? Please be adults here.

honestly I personally think they're are many factors involved in autism. Biological, environmental and possible medical.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Kids' Health

• Well, dd has autism. I don't think the vaccines caused it and honestly I don't know what did. What I do know is that we have more pollution and chemicals around now, and more toxins in our food than we did even when I was born. So I think that is the most likely link in the rise of cases. It would also explain the lack of cases in less industialized countries.
    Petie

Answer by Petie at 11:03 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• rkoloms

Answer by rkoloms at 12:27 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• My oldest has autism and I would be very surprised if it were the vitamin D thing. Other than prenatals, I drink tons of milk and am outside all the time. I think it's a variety of things that come together to create the "perfect storm" so to speak, and I also think environmental toxins play a part. I'm not sure about the vaccines, but just to be sure I have delayed and selectively vaccinated my younger 3.

Answer by missanc at 1:37 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• My son has Autism, and I do not belive vaccines caused HIS Autism. I do belive he was born that way.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:18 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• You're putting the cart before the horse. They are NOT saying a lack of Vit. D is causing it!!!

They are saying that more studies are needed to show that a lack of vit D creates a problem with brain development! "MORE STUDIES ARE NEEDED...."

There is no known cause for Autism. There is a suspected genetic link, but vaccinations have already been ruled out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:53 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• hence the may be the cause. And no according to certain moms on here it's vaccinations no matter what.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:08 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I never thought it was vaccines. I have read the European studies proving it is genetic.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 11:51 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I dont think all autism is caused by toxic poisons in the shots, i do think some kids get mercury poisoning from the MMR and do have symptoms like autism, there are so many first hand accounts that their kids were normal, got a shot, then acted autistic ..... my son does not have it,,, thank god! but he wont be getting all the shots the CDC recommends, i will do the european vvax-ing schedule, very much like the shot schedule we had when we were kids, they dont need so many and shots do have lots of toxic ingredients that are bad for all kids.... everyone should know these 2 things... never get a shot when your kid is sick, never give tylenol with shots... it greatly increases the likelihood for that posioning, the immune system cannot handle the combo.. there are so many factors that cause autism, i dont think we can point to one thing as the cause.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:07 PM on Sep. 9, 2009