Medical Coding Question

I am a Tricare prime remote patient. We had an ultrasound in Dec of 08. I had not had a period since the birth of my previous child but had a positive pregnancy test at my PCM and was referred out for care. The OB did an ultrasound before even doing an exam. Now Tricare is rejecting the claim. They need a code to get this paid. NOTHING is working. We tried irregular periods and the insurance company wants more specifics. Is there a code for this? I went to school for Medical Office Administration in 2001 and can't believe there is nothing for this. I have been out of the field for a while with my kiddos (three under three!) and don't have access to a book and kind wonder if I would even know what I was doing anymore. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I was told that the 626.0 Amenorrhea wouldn't work because it only pertained to not having any period by the age of 18...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Money & Work

• No answers yet