I don't know how to deal with my supervisor. Please help.

Ok, I work in a county government office. In most aspects, I love my job. I get paid very well, and I am technically "under qualified" for the position. (What I mean by that is I don't have the education or experience "required" for the job.) I got hired as a temp office assistant, and after being here for 6 months they advertised to fill the job full time. After going through the interview process, I was hired and have been here for 2 1/2 years. HERE IS THE PROBLEM: I work for the Commissioners Office, which if you're not aware, Commissioners are like the Presidents of the county.. My supervisor is their Clerk and I am the Deputy. However, she NEVER comes to work. Literally she works 4 days a week but gets paid for full time, she manipulates the commissioners schedules so she can be gone when she wants (so they are in meetings and they wont' notice she is gone). The last girl in my position was fired for bringing up... CONT:

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Money & Work

• OP HERE CONT: issues with my supervisor. I can’t quit because I need the money. I literally DO her job over 50% of the time, and she makes like twice what I do. How do I deal with this? I don’t know what I should do.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Is there an ethics commission? A whistleblower office? How about going to the district attorney's office?

Your boss is committing theft. In San Bernardino County, CA, there is a criminal investigation and a civil lawsuit underway against the former county Assessor and his executive staff for doing just what you describe. Google "Bill Postmus'" and you'll find the news accounts. Someone blew the whistle on him, and didn't get fired.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:46 AM on Sep. 8, 2009