What is the name of the one song that makes you cry and brings you to your knees everytime you hear it and why?

Yesterday I heard the song "Joey" by Sugarland for the first time. I didn't pay any attention to it other than the chorus, "Joey, I'm so sorry..." Today I saw the video again and actually listened to the words. Two invisible hands reached into my chest and crushed my heart, tears filled my eyes and poured down my face. This is the kind of song that hit me so hard that if I were a drinking woman I could forsee many lonely evenings with a bottle of wine, body shaking with sobs, fists clenched while I screamed at the ceiling, "Lee, I'm so sorry!" My husband died drinking and driving, this song perfectly illustrates my personal pain. What is the name of your soul-crushing song and why?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdfU_dG4ZYI

Here is the link to the youtube video. I don't know how to paste the video directly to this post.

WindyTheWidow

Asked by WindyTheWidow at 11:27 AM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• The song "I Will Meet You There" by Gary Tipping. He's a wonderful artist. This is a piano ballad. I lost my husband close to 10 years ago and this song hit me like a sledgehammer! Everytime I hear it I cry like hell. It's bittersweet tears. Some with a lot of sorrow because I miss him terribly. The other side of the coin, it brings back so many good memories too I never want to forget.

www.garytipping.com
    auntj

Answer by auntj at 11:50 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• "Waitin' on a Woman" by Brad Paisley. It reminds me so perfectly of my Dad. We used to joke on family vacations that we never worried if we wanted to do some shopping b/c Dad would just find a bench & make a new friend. That song makes me miss my Dad so much.
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 11:31 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• "To Where You Are" by Josh Groban. My aunt made a power point slide show with this song as the music. The slide show was in memory of my mom and other aunt who died within three weeks of each other and had lots of photos of mom and my aunt. Every time I hear it, it brings back how much I miss my mom,and everything I felt when she died.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUfTlEoVqbE

canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 11:37 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• "Dance with My Father" by Luther Vandross.

My dad died four years ago this month.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:40 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Ghost in this house by Alison Krauss. It reminds me of my Dad when my Mom passed away. He was so lost. Or when I hear anything with the Steel guitar in it. My Dad played it and when I hear it in a country western song I always cry.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:41 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• "The Truth" by Anthony Hamilon. My hubby sang this song to me on our first date and I fell in love right then and there! Its really emotinal b/c the words that he sings are so true to he and I. I've been through a lot...
    sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 11:43 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I don't know about bring me to my knees - but DH plays so many songs for me. He's such a radio-head. But one of my favorites is Norah Jones - Turn Me On. If you haven't heard it - oh man you should. Will make you want your man RIGHT NOW.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAwyOdEaAdY

PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 11:49 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• "Letters From Home" by John Michael Montgomery. It's sung from the soldiers perpective and is just beautiful. Also "There Goes My Life" by Kenny Chesney b/c it makes me think of my oldest son and how i felt when I found out i was pregnant, the song talks about how the feelings change as the father and child grow together. at first he's scared but by the end she's his whole life. I know the feeling and have gone through the same things.
    LUVWJ

Answer by LUVWJ at 11:51 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Stay by Sugarland (at least the video) does it for me because when the song came out me and my SO were having a really, really horrible time and I was pregnant and things just weren't working. I felt like he was going to leave or cheat on me (he didn't). But at the time I was so heartsick, I would turn that song on and listen to it over and over and sing it as loud as I could and it would make my baby do backflips! Now she loves the song. :-)
    And so does Butterfly Kisses by Bob Carlisle, even though my DD is only 15 months old, I feel like the time is going by so fast and it breaks my heart to think about it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• There is a worship song that I have heard at church and I don't know the name, but every time I hear it I lose it! it goes, "I am here, I am tired, I can't take it anymore, but I'm here." It symbolizes a surrender to God, just saying I'm here God, even though my heart may not be my body is. Anyone know the name of this song?
    emnasmom

Answer by emnasmom at 12:01 PM on Sep. 8, 2009