41 weeks n 1d not moving....

ok so im 41w 1d 2day n my baby as only moved once my midwife told me 2 go the hospital if he as not moved ten times a day if i go will they just check he is ok or do u think they will start me off please answer as dnt no wot they will do if i go thank you...

molyneux88

Asked by molyneux88 at 11:31 AM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• They will hook you up to the monitor. Meaning they will put the bands around your belly with the monitors attached to them. They will also give you a button to press if you feel a movement. And I almost forgot they will put a thing on your finger to check you heartrate.
    Good Luck
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 11:36 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• They'll hook you up to monitors to check and make sure that he's moving and everything's ok. They'll only induce you if they think there's something wrong and he needs to come out now. Otherwise, it's up to you and your midwife if/when induction occurs.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 11:44 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• They will just look for the heartbeat, hook you to a monitor and/or do an ultrasound. Your baby is late and growing so he/she has less room to move thus you feel less but I would want to know whats up.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:00 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• What have you done to try and detect the baby?
    How many counts so far today?
    Usually, baby will sleep (like after birth) for most hours of the day. You can log a Kick Count after drinking orange juice and lying down for a half hour.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 3:40 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• doulala

Answer by doulala at 3:41 PM on Sep. 8, 2009