Do you think walmart is taking over our country?

I do, and I think they are a huge part of the economic crisis and I refuse to shop there and support them.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• We are boycotting them for a different reason, but dh noticed that a bunch of small buisnesses went under when superwalmart came to our town.
    Petie

Answer by Petie at 11:44 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Hahaha! I joke about this all the time, yes yes yes! I truly hate going into Wal-Mart but I live in a rural area where there is no other choice really... Occasionally if I have the time and energy I will make the 30 min drive to Target or Publix. But otherwise I am forced to contribute to the monopoly.
    nkkk07

Answer by nkkk07 at 11:46 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• wal mart destroyed every single one of the small businesses in my town, now we have no choice but to shop at wal mart. its total manipulation.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I won't shop wamart mainly because I have worked there and I know what a morally corrupt company it is.
    trevsrockinmom

Answer by trevsrockinmom at 11:48 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I think it did long ago....
    LUVWJ

Answer by LUVWJ at 11:52 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• "a bunch of small buisnesses went under when superwalmart came to our town."

I just don't understand how people cannot see this happening and continue to shop there. I will not shop there not matter what. I would rather pay more somewhere else. I will NOT support Walmart's monopolization of the retail marketplace.

LuvMyBoyzz

Answer by LuvMyBoyzz at 11:53 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• rkoloms

Answer by rkoloms at 11:54 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• We have to shop at Wal-Mart because we can't afford to go anywhere else. We don't buy nearly as much as we used to though. We shop at Aldi and get at Wal-Mart what we can't get there.

I predict that Wal-Mart will take over the world like Buy N Large did in Wall-E. It will destroy us allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll and we'll end up fat and lazy on the Axiom some 500 years from now.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:56 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Wal mart is not the cheapest place to buy things. It takes some shopping around but there are other places.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Someone said they don't have the time or energy to drive 30 minutes to Target? What? Poor bby. LOL.. I drive 45 minutes one way to work and on FREEWAYS and yet I am not tired. I drive to our local LARGE MAll and it is a 40 minute trip. I am not tired. I live in the TWin Cities area-3 million population. If I wanted to boycott WalMart -I would not worry about how long a ride it is to another store. If you really care, shop your local stores.
    In the meantime,I think there are too many whiners here.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:00 PM on Sep. 8, 2009