What should I do? Didn't know where to put this.

I posted a few questions eariler in the month regarding my dad found dead in his pool the day after the fourth of July. I am the oldest of his three kids. The youngest is our brother, he is 37. He is very very angry about all of this. I pulled a copy of the coroners report a month ago. It said they believe he had some kind of "cardiac event" and drown as a result. Two Saturdays ago I got an updated report in the mail. Seems the original one they gave me did not have toxicology reports as they were not yet finished. This report stated that he had acute intoxication and OR had a cardiac event and drown as a result. My sister knows this info. I don't think it will help my brother to know this. It won't bring my dad back and he is having a hard time as it is. My mom/divorced from him thinks he has a right to know. She says How would I like it if they knew and didn't tell me? What should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I would not want to be lett in the dark about important details about my parents by my siblings. It does not seem right to judge or assume another person cannot handle the truth. You would show your respect for both parties if you told the truth.
    tpickle

Answer by tpickle at 12:27 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• its not like your brothers 5 y/o! tell him , damn. if hes not adult to handle this than oh well
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Noone can tell you what you should do but the old saying honesty is always the best policy rings true. I agree with your mom, if you would want to know then you should tell him. Alot of things were kept from me when my mom died and even though I was upset enough then, I was even more upset to find crap out later on.
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 11:48 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I think that you need to be honest with him. It's his right to know and it was his father, however hard he is finding the situation.

It wouldn't help anything if you waited to tell him and then he found out at a later date, he would then be catapulted back into properly dealing with it AND he may resent you for keeping it from him.
    mommatomanyy

Answer by mommatomanyy at 11:51 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• let your mom tell him

i have a brother who does not handle things well and we keep things from him all the time, like details of my dads health, he knows how ill he is, but if he does not ask we do not give him all details, he just can not handle it all, if he asked we would tell him. i think he knows that he can not deal with life so he limits his questions

in your case i would not see nay reason for telling brother unless he asked however seems like mom is going to tell, and better she do that sooner than later. if mom is hell bent on lettng her son know all, let her do it
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 11:55 AM on Sep. 8, 2009