behaves badly if he hasn't played outside in a while?

i haven't had my son outside in a few days just because he has been sick and the weather has been completely crazy. it seems like he's not listening and behaving badly more than usual. and i was thinking maybe its because he hasn't been able to play outside and burn some of that energy. could this be true?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:00 PM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Mine act like they have "cabin fever" if they don't get out and do something every couple of days. Because of the weather I brought most of their outside toys in our house so they can still play with them. It also helped because they weren't able to play with the toys for awhile (it's been rainy and chilly) and it's almost like the outside toys are brand new again, double score for mom, lol. Good luck babe!
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 12:03 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• My son goes stir crazy if he doesn't get to play outside too. If he's sick, I will still take him for a stroller walk or a short outside play because fresh air is good for them even when they are sick - but yeah, I have to believe its true - actually I am totally scared about winter coming up for this very reason.. haha.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:04 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Being outside is still good for him, even when he's sick. Unless of course it is really cold. And yes, that is probably why he is acting out. Kids need sunshine and fresh air, all people do really, but kids show signs of not having it more.
    Petie

Answer by Petie at 12:11 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• If I can't take my daughter outside to burn off energy, I take her to stores, the library, the mall--little kids have to burn it off somewhere.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 12:20 PM on Sep. 8, 2009