Halloween Decor for outside?

Hey everyone i am planning two Halloween parties this year one is for my kids they are toddlers and one is for my husband and i. We are going to invite all my kids friends for this awesome kids party and all our friends for our adult party. I don't really have lots of money to decorate so i am seeing if anyone has any really great outside or inside decor that would be pretty easy to make also if you have a picture it will be easier for me to make it if i have a picture. I am really excited for Halloween, i am like a kid at heart. I just would really like to have decorations up. Please help me.

wifemother220

Asked by wifemother220 at 12:01 PM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• you can make tombstones from pieces of plywood. to make it cheaper, i'd check freecycle in your area or craigslist to see if people have any scraps you can use. my FIL made a giant toe-pincher style coffin for my wedding out of plywood too. you can get a fake skeleton to put inside of it, and then either have it lying on the ground by the entrance or propped up on a tree to "greet" your guests as they pull in. you can make ghosts to hang from trees with pieces of white cloth (or trash bags) wrapped around balloons. you can do all kinds of stuff with pumpkins- just go into a craft store and sift through all the craft magazines. i saw an idea recently on painting 2 pumpkins black, one tall and one shorter, and then stacking the shorter one on top of the bigger and dressing it up as a cat- really cute!
    MaMaLaLa369

Answer by MaMaLaLa369 at 4:05 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I'd check all the "home" magazine websites, like Womans Day, Family Circle,Sounthern Living and Family Fun...they should have some great ideas.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:36 PM on Sep. 9, 2009