Changing Diet at 12 months

My son is about to turn one. He has some food allergies, GERD and is also soy & lactose intolerant. He wouldn't eat 'baby food' until last month. He mainly takes Nutramigen (5 oz, still very frequently, 2-4 hours) and will also eat Stage 3 baby food at lunch at dinner, and sometimes pieces of table food as well. He also snacks on Gerber crunchies, etc .... yet is very sensitive about textures. Now, how to I transition him to more "table" foods, etc? Thanks for any suggestions/meal plans!

mevxoxo

Asked by mevxoxo at 12:06 PM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would start by putting regular food into a processor and making it more chunky so that he becomes accustomed to the different texture and slowly leaving more and more chunks until you are at about table food consistency. I wish you luck, we have GERD as well and I have to be careful about what I feed her and when. Actually we added probiotics to her diet once a day and it has helped better then any reflux med we were given.
    coala

Answer by coala at 12:10 PM on Sep. 8, 2009