Well..? What did you think?

I thought it was a nice speech and from what I read stayed with the script.
Will any of you admit you were all worked up for nothing? Was anyone disappointed with it?

JackalsWife

Asked by JackalsWife at 12:24 PM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I never got worked up , i couldnt wait for the speech! I enjoyed it. Very nice! Some students dont have someone who tells them these things,very nice he said what some need to hear
    tha-hawt-mommie

Answer by tha-hawt-mommie at 12:26 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• When people got worked up they had to CHANGE THE SPEECH now it was what it should be.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 12:26 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• OH come on! You dont know that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:27 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Didn't listen to it,had no reason to,and could care less what he said. More of his lies, that's all I have to say about it.
    Anonymous

• Oh, I wasn't aware that you knew or that it was released as a different speech. I just knew of the lesson plan. She at first he really was going to brainwash the children?

JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 12:27 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I thought it was a great speech. Honestly, I think that high school kids probably did pay attention to it, despite the number of people who thought that children would not listen. He's an engaging speaker and knows how to talk to a particular audience.

I know a lot of you were just worried about the assignment, but doesn't it give you some comfort that the White House heard your concerns and changed that plan?
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 12:27 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I really like it thought it was very inspiring. He did a great job and hprfully the kids will hear what he says and apply it to their lives
    abellvalerie

Answer by abellvalerie at 12:28 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• "When people got worked up they had to CHANGE THE SPEECH now it was what it should be."

They didn't change the speech, they changed the classroom assignment.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 12:28 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Well, anon 27...all he did was encourage children to do their best and stay in school. How exactly is that "lies"?

JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 12:28 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I know a lot of you were just worried about the assignment, but doesn't it give you some comfort that the White House heard your concerns and changed that plan?

______

I would think so...see, he does listen to both sides sometimes!
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 12:29 PM on Sep. 8, 2009